Woman Behind the Lens
Hello! I am Lotus. Nerd, geek, otaku, lover of all things artistic and more. I work from my home studio in South Mobile, Alabama where the weather is hot 3/4 ths of the year and snow is a myth. My love of photography can only be trumped by my love for traveling. I'm a Gypsy at heart. I've spent most of my life traveling the majority of North America and seeking to go to more places for all the reasons.
I am an available light photographer with an extensive background in photojournalism and fashion. One may how ever say my style is a cross between film's deep contrast and the bright vivids of the digital age. I love to capture every moment in the elegance and magic of how it happens. When it happens. As it happens. Because life can be just as magical as the fairy tales we used to hear as kids. And maybe a few of us still escape to on the weekends.
In my free time I love to travel, attend conventions, spend time with my loving husband and darling daughter, cook, read and play lots of video games when I don't find myself binging a new show on Netflix or Hulu. Oh, and cannot forget the fun times with my fur-babies. I am the proud fur-momma of two darling kitties and a companion wolf-dog who absolutely does not enjoy thunderstorms or fireworks as much as I do.
So now you know a little about me. Let's get to know each other and let me learn a little about you! I adore meeting new people and working with everyone on their fabulous ideas, simple needs and the emotional days from the proposal to the 50th anniversary and the birth or adoption of a new kiddo.
HOW ABOUT SOME RANDOM FACTS?
- I am a cosplayer of over a decade.
- My daughter is my biggest muse.
- My husband is my greatest cheerleader.
- Photophobia [yes, that's a legit thing] is why I wear sunglasses at night and welding shades during the day.
- Cards Against Humanity and Munchkin are my favorite card games.
- Born in New Orleans. Raised in South Mobile. But calls New York City home of my heart.
- I collect vintage cameras. Ask me about my collection. No, seriously, I have 30+ film and slide cameras.
- My first camera was a 35mm Riho that had been my grandmothers from the 1950s.
- I've been published as a writer, poet and even had my artwork hosted in various galleries.
- I'm a former plus-sized model, who can still own the runway.
- Acting, wardrobe styling and designing are just a couple of my hobbies.
- Dragon Age, the Assassins Creed series', Skyrim and Diablo III are my current weaknesses.
- Books. I'm a sucker for a good book. Physical before digital.
- My absolute favorite food is Chocolate Strawberry ice cream.
- I love tea! And coffee! But I'll take tea over coffee any day. Unless it's most types of green, in which case I'll take the coffee.
- I'm a wino. Don't leave a bottle of wine unsupervised around me when I'm editing.
- I work part time in a local camera store as a sales rep and teacher.
- I don't like to adult. I'd be a Toys R Us kid, but they closed. T_T