Woman Behind the Lens
Hello! I am Lotus. Nerd, geek, otaku, lover of all things artistic and more. I work from my home studio in South Mobile, Alabama where the weather is hot 3/4 ths of the year and snow is a myth. My love of photography can only be trumped by my love for traveling. I'm a Gypsy at heart. I've spent about 2/3 rds of my life traveling the majority of North America and seeking to go to more places for all the reasons.
One might say my style is that of an available light technician, with a ton of fantasy and whimsy, a bit traditional with hints of photojournalism. I love to capture every moment in the elegance and magic of how it happens. When it happens. Because life can be just as magical as the fairy tales we used to hear as kids. And maybe a few of us still escape to.
In my free time I love to travel, attend conventions, spend time with my loving husband and darling daughter, cook, read and play lots of video games when I don't find myself bingeing a new show on Netflix or Hulu. Oh, and cannot forget the fun times with my furbabies. Proud parent of two darling kitties and a companion wolf-dog who absolutely does not enjoy thunderstorms or fireworks as much as I do. haha
So now you know a little about me. Let's get to know each other and let me learn a little about you! I adore meeting new people and working with everyone on their fabulous ideas, simple needs and the emotional days from the proposal to the 50th anniversary and the birth or adoption of a new kiddo.
HOW ABOUT SOME RANDOM FACTS?
- I am a cosplayer of over a decade. You can find me under the name of Lady Patch-It Darkshi on Facebook.
- My daughter is my biggest muse.
- My husband of 7+ years is my greatest cheerleader.
- Photophobia [yes, that's a legit thing] is why I wear sunglasses at night and welding shades during the day.
- Cards Against Humanity and Munchkin are my favorite card games.
- Born in New Orleans. Raised in South Mobile. But calls New York City home of my heart.
- I collect vintage cameras.
- My first camera was a 35mm Riho that had been my grandmothers.
- I've been published as a writer, poet and even had my artwork hosted in various galleries years before I turned to photography full time.
- I'm a former plus-sized model, who can still own the runway.
- Acting, wardrobe styling and designing are just a couple of my hobbies.
- Dragon Age series, Skyrim and Diablo are my current weaknesses.
- So are books. I'm a sucker for a good book.
- My absolute favorite food is Chocolate Strawberry ice cream.
- I love tea! And coffee! But I'll take tea over coffee any day. Unless it's most types of green, in which case I'll take the coffee.
- I'm a wino. Don't leave a bottle of wine unsupervised around me when I'm editing.